Sunday, October 10, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza!!!

BBQ Chicken Pizza!!!




Ingredients!

For the Dough:

1 Cup of  warm water (110 - 115 degrees)
1/2 TBS of Active dry yeast
or 1 package (1/4 ounce) of active dry yeast 
2 TBS of Vegetable oil
1/4 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sugar
2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups of flour
Cornmeal (optional)

1) In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; cover and let rise for 10 minuets.
2) Roll into a 13 to 14 inch circle and sprinkle with cornmeal.Transfer dough  to a floured cooking stone. Or grease a pizza pan. building up edges slightly. Do not let rise

NOTE: The recipe says after this step cook only the dough at 425 degrees for 12 minuets. (I Skip this step if I am cooking the pizza on a stone. ) 
Layer Pizza with the topping of your choice. And continue to cook pizza for 10- 15 minuets.  

NOTE: When I cook my pizza on a stone. I Cook pizza at 375 degrees for 18-20 minuets. ONLY!!

For BBQ chicken Pizza You will need:

BBQ sauce of your choice
(I recommend a traditional sauce) Not spicy.  
1 Chicken breast cooked and shredded
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced tomato
Pizza Cheese about 2 cups
Sprinkle with  Parsley flakes.

NOTE. I Layer my pizza in the order I have written it down. I always put the cheese on top and ingredients on the bottom. But you can do it however you like. 

NOTE: In this picture I don't have a tomato on the pizza because I didn't have one and I didn't want to run to the store.



ENJOY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment