Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roman Flat Bread

Roman Flatbread
<great with soups or salads>

  This was a recipe that I tried at a Relief Society super Saturday party. It was really yummy. I had to try it out myself. 

INGREDIENTS 

1 tablespoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 1/2 c. of sifted flour
2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon finely diced onion
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 teaspoons of olive oil.

NOTE: I used 2 teaspoons of rosemary and decided for myself it was a little strong. So I would recommend maybe a little less. It's up to you!!!

DIRECTIONS 

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Mix in flour, salt, onion, and rosemary. Knead dough for 8-10 minuets in mixing bowl with a hook. (Dough will be too sticky to knead with your hands.) Let rise until doubled in size. about 1 hour. Punch dough down let rise 5 minuets. (I would use a spatula to punch the dough) Remember the dough is really sticky. Flatten dough on oiled sheet pan. I would put a little oil on your fingers to spread the dough. Brush the top with olive oil. Sprinkle a little extra rosemary on top if desired.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minuets.
Brush butter on top of baked bread. (I sprayed it with a little I can't believe its not butter.)

This was really yummy. But I thought it was kinda hard to make because the dough was really sticky. It was hard to spread on the pan. 



Cut into sticks.
Serve as a side!!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment