Sunday, October 24, 2010

Manicotti with Cheese

Manicotti with Cheese

I Should have taken a picture of it when it was on a plate. But Brad just got home from school and we had to eat it fast. We only have 15 minutes a night to eat dinner together and then he is off to school again.

This is a fun and fast recipe to make. It always tastes good.

INGREDIENTS 

1 Package ( 8 oz.) Manicotti, Uncooked
1-3/4 cups (15 oz. container) low fat ricotta cheese
2 cups (8 oz.) Shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
3 cups (28 oz jar) spaghetti sauce

NOTE: If you do not have time to precook your noodles just add 1 cup of  water to the spaghetti sauce and boil. Use heated sauce in preparing dish and bake at 400 Degrees F. 

Cook Pasta according to package directions. (Refer to note above) Lay flat on a foil to cool. Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. In large bowl, stir together cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper; spoon into cooled pasta tubes. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange filled pasta in single layer over sauce. pour remaining sauce over pasta; cover with foil. Bake 40 minuets. Remove foil; bake 15 minuets longer or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

I used the no boil method and it turned out great!!!
Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

  1. OH! Will you come live with me and show me how to cook so good! :) I love that you have this blog, so I can try new things. I haven't tried anything yet, but I plan to this next week. :) I will let you know how it goes. I hope it turns out at least how good yours looks, Im sure yours tastes so good!

    ReplyDelete