Saturday, October 23, 2010

A short Story!!!

A Short Story...
 By: Amy Larson

So many of my friends have asked me; How do I do it? They say things like..."It cost a lot of money to bake," "I don't have the right tools to make that,"  and "Spices are expensive." So how do we get started? 

When I first got married I had absolutely no baking goods. Grocery shopping was a pain and it was always expensive. Sometimes grocery shopping even made me depressed. But little by little I started buying one thing at a time. So I started with basic recipes and buy basic ingredients. One day I was reading a recipe that required a lot of ingredients. We didn't have a lot of money and I knew that I couldn't go buy anything that week. I read through it and realized that I had everything I needed to make this recipe. I was shocked. It cost me basically nothing to make it and it was one of my favorite dinners. This recipe was Chinese Sweet and sour Chicken over a bed of brown rice. I also made homemade egg drop soup along with it.  It took me over a year and a half to accumulate baking goods. And now I can usually make any recipe without having to go buy a bunch of things at the grocery store. So just start Small. The prophet has told us to start a food storage. I try and buy one or two things a week to add to my food storage. Its not much, but when money is short a food storage will bless you and your family. It has been fun learning how to cook. My sister Kristy was worried about me when I got married because I never cooked a homemade dinner before. I absolutely LOVE trying new recipes every week. I know you can do it too. But remember JUST START SMALL!!! That's How I Did It!!!

LOVE AMY~KINS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I want that recipe for the sweet and sour chicken, and the soup!!! :) I love chinese! I love you!

    ReplyDelete